FINAL PROJECT SUMMARY + RECAP:
– This whole project concept was to develop/design a website + website app in order to learn U.S. History. It’s meant to be a convenient educational tool and resource.
WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO PROVE:
– American History is interesting and important
WHY IS THIS DIFFERENT:
– It’s equipped with an interactive map, instead of someone typing in a certain theme on a browser and leafing through Wikipedia. Also includes a game.
– Students. As young as 6th through High School.
– Since the subject is history, I had wanted to keep that “antique” look and feel but yet still modern. Hence the use of aged paper and limited color just so the information would pop out.
CURRENT PLANS of ACTION:
-Trying to figure out how to scrape the information from Wikipedia in order to consolidate the information for this site. So far it hasn’t been easy.
Game design coming soon!